Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Thankful this winter.

I'm super late for my thanksgiving post.
As commonplace and standard as it may sound, I'm thankful for all the positive people and things in my life.  I'm thankful for a loving and understanding boyfriend, a wonderful, spunky son, and a small group of friends.  I'm thankful for a home and spending money, as well as food on my plates (with enough to share!)

But now, to talk about the harder things to be thankful for.  For example, my clutter (the bane of my existence).  While I have talked somewhat about how stressful it is, I'd also like to recognize that it is (unfortunately) a sign of a certain kind of abundance.  I'm also thankful for my medical conditions, as they allow me to appreciate the health I do have and the plight of other fellow #spoonies.  I'm also thankful for a crazy, stressful schedule of activities, as they are a reminder that I am utilizing the health I do have.

I'm thankful for the health I don't have, as it also reminds me that I need humbleness and the help of others to get through a rough patch in life.  Speaking of rough patches, I'm thankful for them, too. They remind me of how lucky I am to not be as lonely as my mind makes it out to be.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment