Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

The Christian Faith Is So Rich.

I have a few other blogs on WordPress where the scope of what I write is so narrow, that it is sometimes hard to come up with a new topic to talk about.  This one is about my faith musings, which is admittedly broader, and at the same time narrow - it is about my faith, my Church.  But I am having very much the opposite effect with this blog.

There is so much richness, so much material about the Church, the Faith, Catholicism, that it is very hard for me to actually narrow down the topic enough to be effective.  First of all, at the macro level, while the Bible is not infinite, it is definitely a collection of many many books - Old and New Testament.  Then there is the Catechism, while based on Scripture, it also includes reflections on the lives of saints and Tradition.  Then, of course, the lives of each of the saints, the Mass, prayers, interior life (and so much more!)...

In addition, we have then what I like to call the micro-level topics - which are nothing small in and of themselves.  A specific passage in the Bible.  A specific aspect on the life of a saint.  A specific part of the Mass.

I thought that by giving myself leeway on the scope of things, it would be easier to write, but it is not.  So, in light of all of this, how does one effectively evangelize?  How does one approach someone outside the Church (or inside who needs reversion!) without overwhelming them?  I am a cradle Catholic and I sometimes feel overwhelmed!  There's just so much richness to our Christian Faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment