Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Christian Persecution in the Middle East

I am a recent revert to Catholicism - I have come back to the Church after a few years of lukewarm faith.  This time, God has called me back, and I would like to think I am listening.  I won't go into the details of my reversion at this time, but suffice to say that I am taking it more seriously than ever.

I took to reading Christian literature early in my reversion.  And a book that really made an impression on me is Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand.  It talks about his imprisonment under Communist Romania and the Underground Church that exists when Christians are persecuted.  He talks about some of the most beautiful conversion stories and some of the most interesting unsung martyrdom stories; people who suffered greatly for their faith.

This got me to thinking about our fellow Christians being persecuted in the Middle East, where Christianity has gone from 30% down to 10% or less.  So, in the very little I can do about it, short of picking up a weapon and fighting ISIL, I have decided to pray for persecuted Christians around the world, especially those in the Middle East.  I invite you to do the same.  The Power of Prayer.

Another thing that you can do to help is to donate to ChristiansAtRisk.org.  Any little bit helps!

If you prefer to donate by check, in the United States of America:
Make checks payable to:  Knights of Columbus Charities, Inc.
Kindly write    Christian Refugee Relief on the memo line of your check.
Send to:
Knights of Columbus Charities
One Columbus Plaza
PO Box 1966
New Haven, CT 06509-1966

In Canada,
Make checks payable to:  Knights of Columbus Canada Charities, Inc.
Kindly write    Christian Refugee Relief on the memo line of your check.
Send to:
Knights of Columbus Canada Charities
Gift Processing Center
PO Box 7252 Station A
Toronto, ON M5W 1X9


Whether a monetary gift is possible, please ask Mary Help of Christians for her intercession to Our Lord for our persecuted brethren around the world.

In the USA, at least, your donation is 100% tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment