Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Blog writing in the middle of the night.

It is common practice for writers, to write their pieces well ahead of publishing.  This is also true of most bloggers, and most of my blog posts (though there are some, like today's, that come from the hip).

For me, inspiration tends to come in the middle of the night.  Usually, I just jot it down, or I hope that I can remember it in the morning, but last night, I was awake when inspiration struck.  I have a few blog posts that are outlined or written (and in need of editing), and I have a few topics to write about.

I got so excited writing and coming up with possible topics that I totally lost track of time, and went to sleep fairly late for my taste (12:30am - I'm like a child -  I need to go to sleep early and sleep a lot to function well).  This comes after promising my boyfriend that I would go to sleep way earlier than that.  So when I told him this morning that I didn't go to sleep as early as I had promised, he told me to write a blog about that.  So here I am, writing a blog about it.  (I love you, sweetheart!)

That said, I hope to someday gain readers, and I also hope to provide such readers with magnificent content.  For such hopes to be fulfilled, I need to be inspired and ready to write.  And I need to come up with content at least weekly, and I need to write much, even if it means in the middle of the night.  So, with this in mind, I can't continue to rely on trying to remember in the morning what it is that I thought about in the middle of the night.  Anyway, enough rambling. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment